Peanuts or groundnuts or moongfali is a versatile seed that has its presence all over the world it is used in curries, makes a wonderful spicy sauce for stir fry , peanut butter to make bread more interesting or it is a snack on its own.
This is a very simple recipe that is close to my childhood , In India peanuts is one of the acceptable food for fasting days so whenever there were days for fasting this amazing peanut ladoo’s were made and as a child I just couldn’t get enough of them.
It is a very quick to make recipe with just 3 ingredients, it will yield 7-8 ladoos
- Peanuts – 1 Cup
- Bura (Powdered Sugar) – 1/2 cup
- Ghee (Clarified butter You can use unsalted butter if needed)- 2-3 spoons
- Toast peanuts and remove their peel by rubbing with your hand, take the clean toasted peanuts in a grinder and make a fine powder
- Take out the powder and mix sugar (You can adjust sugar level as per your preference) and ghee (Ghee is added to bind the ladoo’s together so add a little at a time and adjust as per your need, you don’t want too much butter in there)
- Mix all the three throughly and start making small balls of these (Ladoo’s) If they are not binding properly add more ghee 1 spoon at a time.
- Your quick peanut ladoo’s are ready