Bell peppers or capsicum are my absolute favorite , such beautiful colors and health benefits they have, are perfect to add crunch in your food.
Here is one of my favorite Bell pepper preparation, stuffed with tangy potato mash, it makes a perfect side dish for your meal!
So here it goes, I made this for my Mom and Dad and they absolutely loved it.
This recipe is good for 3-4
- Capsicum (You can use any color, I have used green) – 2 Big cut in half and cleaned(Vertical)
- tomatoes 2 Big (Vertical cut in half and flesh removed )
- 3-4 Boiled potatoes
- Salt- To taste
- Red chili powder – Half spoon
- Dry Mango powder- Half spoon
- Curry Leaves- 1 spring
- Hing (Asafoetida)- a pinch
- Coriander seeds – half spoon
- Saunf (Fennel seeds) – half spoon
- Green chili- 1 finely chopped
- Fresh coriander – 1 spring Finely chopped
- Rai (Black Mustard seeds) – half spoon
- Oil – 4-5 spoons
- Mash potatoes and mix the flesh of tomatoes (Finely chopped), add everything except oil, rai and hing and make the stuffing
- Stuff capsicum and tomatoes with the mixture and keep aside
- Heat oil in pan, add mustard seeds and let them splutter add hing and carefully place capsicum and tomatoes in the pan (Stuffed part up) , lower the flame cover the lid and let it cook for 5 min
- Carefully turn each capsicum and tomato (stuffed side down on pan) and let it sizzle on low heat for 3-4 min. It will be crisp brown when you flip again
- Once its crisp brown on stuffed side, remove from heat and carefully place in serving bowl
- Garnish with coriander leaves if want and serve hot as a side