Beetroot, the name instantly brings alive wonderful colours to your mind. Beets not only add colour to your plate but are very healthy and nutritious.
I like eating healthy and cooking with simple ingredients and this is one such dish. Made with Beetroot and Yogurt this dish not only is very healthy but also very beautiful , you can make this to impress guests coming over and can leave them wanting more of that beautiful pink bowl!
Raita, is a typical Indian side dish made with yogurt and various veggies and fruit combinations, this one is made with beetroot.
So lets start
This recipe will serve 2-3
- Thick Curd (Yogurt) – 2 cups
- Beetroot – 1 (Grated)
- Black salt – Half teaspoon (If you can’t find this can replace with normal salt)
- Cumin seeds – Half teaspoon (Roasted and crushed coarsely)
- Coriander – 1 Spring finely chopped
- Beat the yogurt into a smooth paste, if too thick add a small amount of milk or water to loosen it
- Add grated beetroot, salt, cumin seeds and coriander to it and give it a stir
- Raita is ready , serve it cold. You can sprinkle with chat masala to add that zing to it
Makes a perfect side dish for Chapati, Rice or a dip for crackers