I love food that is fresh and simple , there is something truly magical in every bite of handmade pasta!
While watching Masterchef one day the idea struck to me to try making pasta at home, though the idea of making pasta at home that too hand rolled (Since I do not have pasta maker at home) pasta is quite intimidating as it involves lot of intricacies.
But once decided it was time to execute it and after several trials, I finally got a perfect result at hand rolled fettuccine, so here is my recipe I perfected of my homemade pasta .
Let me share my fun filled Sunday afternoon activity of crafting my perfect batch of Fettuccine with you
This recipe makes pasta for 4-5 servings
- Flour – 2 cups
- Eggs- 3
- Salt- half spoon
- Rolling pin
- Mix flour and salt in a bowl
- In separate bowl crack the eggs and whisk them properly
- Start mixing eggs slowly to the flour mix , at start it will be very loose
- Keep kneading till it forms a firm dough from a loose soft consistency , don’t rush kneading as it is a very important step in getting that flawless pasta
- Once firm dough is ready, rest it for 20-30 Min
- Take the dough and divide it into 4 parts
- Take one part and start rolling it into a thin sheet, keep dusting with flour while doing so it doesn’t stick
- Roll it into a very thin sheet , lightly dust the sheet and roll it into a circle and start cutting thin strips into noodle
- Lightly dust noodles with flour so they do not stick, your fettuccine is ready