This curry combines two of my most favorite ingredients butter and potato into a rich gravy that has all the elements of a wonderfully sinful curry!
Lets me take you to my kitchen and share my recipe of a thick creamy quick curry to satisfy your craving!
This recipe serves 2!
- Chili Powder (Mirchi)- Half teaspoon
- Turmeric Powder (Haldi)- Less than half teaspoon
- Bay Leaf (Tej patta)- 1
- Cumin Seeds (Jeera)- 1 teaspoon
- Amchoor (Dry Mango powder) – 1 teaspoon
- Hing (Asafoetida) (Optional)- A pinch
- Potatoes – 6 small (Boiled)
- Tomatoes – 4 Medium
- Onion – 2
- Green Chili- 1
- Garlic – 2 cloves
- Ginger – Small part- Finely chopped
- Coriander (Dhaniya patta) – 1 Spring (For garnish)
- Salt – As per taste (I used 1 spoon)
- Oil- 3 teaspoon
- Butter- 6-7 teaspoons
- Heat oil in Pan and add in coarsely chopped chili , garlic and Ginger along with Bay leaf
- After 2 min, add onion and let them cook for 2-3 min
- Then add tomatoes and salt to it and let them cook and reduce for another 10 min, mix in between to check they are not sticking to the bottom of pan
- Once tomatoes and onions are cooked, take it off heat , remove bay leaf and let it cool down.
- While it cooling, take potatoes and poke them with toothpick
- Take a pan and take 2-3 spoon butter in it and add potatoes in it and let them get little browning
- Once the tomato and onion mix is cool, put it in blender and blend into thick fine paste
- Put 3 spoon butter in pan, and add Jeera to it
- Once jeera starts turning brown add hing (If using) then add chili and turmeric powder along with 2 teaspoon water (So that the spices do not burn)
- Then add in the puree of tomato and onion to the pan and let it cook
- When it starts oozing butter out, it is done add potato and 1 cup water cover it and let it simmer or 10 min
- Remove the lid, add Amchoor and your curry is ready to be served
- Garnish with coriander and a spoonful of butter